1. No idle chatter, smoking, alcohol, eating, chewing gum, etc. in the dojo.
2. All karateka must bow before entering and upon leaving the dojo. To those who practice karate the dojo is sacred place. We bow when entering the dojo to affirm our intention to train hard and seriously and we bow when leaving to show thanks for a good training session.
3. All karateka must bow to instructors or visiting instructors. We emphasis politeness at all times in the dojo and seek to cultivate a spirit based on humility and respect.
4. When the instructor or visiting instructor enter/exit the dojo, all karateka must stop whatever they are doing and face the sensei at the door and bow. Each person should seek to develop as a degree of training of the mind as it does the body.
5. A karate gi or loose comfortable clothing must be worn. No socks or shoes are permitted.
6. Show absolute obedience to your sensei. All instruction from the sensei or designated instructor must be followed.
7. Call your instructor "sensei".
8. Always acknowledge criticism given by the instructor or any other person. Respond to the sensei or black belt instructor with the word "Hai."
9. Never stand around with your hands on your waist. The standing position is one assumed just before kata or yoi, namely two clenched fists in front of the body in standing position.
10. When sitting, always sit cross-legged or in seiza position.
11. Fingernails and toenails should be regularly cut in order to prevent injury.
12. Jewellery should not be worn in the dojo. It has no place in the dojo and can easily be broken or even cause injury.
13. In all practice, emphasis is placed on control, accuracy and non-contact.
14. Do not attempt to learn or teach new forms without the expressed permission of the sensei.
15. The dojo is to be kept clean by all students. Please help to keep the floor dry, clean and free of objects. Please look for a broom to sweep the floor as soon as you enter the dojo, before the start of class. Each student should do his or her part to contribute to a proper training environment.
16. If you arrive late, wait, standing in fudo dachi until recognized by the sensei, bow and say "SHITSUREI SHIMASU" (Excuse me for being late), bow again and then join the class, walking around other karateka and entering the line from the back.
17. Report immediately to the sensei any injury or illness.
18. All karateka must stay inside the dojo. Inform the sensei if you must leave the dojo. Then follow normal procedures for leaving the dojo.
19. Please check for all personal belongings before leaving the dojo.
20. Whatever you do, do it with all your might. Strengthen weak hands. Make your knees strong. Don't say "I'll work hard at a later time", etc. Practice a technique in the exact manner you'd apply it - with full force.
21. Each student is considered an integral part of the karate school. Should it become necessary to discontinue training for any reason, please notify the instructor. This is so we may have an accurate and up-to-date record of all students.